Tomorrow, 17th March is St Patrick, a really well-known saint and festivity in Ireland and the USA.
Here you have a nice webpage with videos about this day.
Young people wear green clothes, and drink beer from the very moment they wake up until they go to bed, so it's a day to get drunk and party!
http://www.history.com/topics/st-patricks-day
If you want to celebrate it in Palma, just go to an Irish pub and you will realise how important St Patrick is for Irish and Americans!
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarHi!
ResponderEliminarI think that the popular parties don’t have same style in other place of the world that in its original origin.
For example in some villages of Mallorca the celebration of “Sant Antoni” is lived in a very special way.
Another example is the Andalusian “Semana Santa”.
In conclusion, this type of parties joins persons of all the ages, to enjoy of a day of celebration in company.
A kiss,
Natalia Bernabeu.
Hi!
ResponderEliminarI have never heard to talk about this party.
I think that this party is very funny. You have been very brave for to put up with the party if they drink all the day.
I don't able to drink all the day and to finish st Patrick's Day!
I have search information about this celebration and I discover that Saint Patricks day is the most commonly recognized of the patrons saints of Ireland. But this celebration takes place in Canada, Great Britain, Argentina, Australia, Montserrat, United States and New Zealand too.
ResponderEliminarLike Eva says, Young people wear green clothes this day but originally the colour associated with Saint Patrick was blue. However, over the years the colour green at its association with Saint Patrick's day grew.People were ribbons (cintas) and shamrocks (trébols) this day.
People say that green is the colour of this day becaus it is the colour of spring.
I really want to assist at this festivity because I want to see how people of Ireland feel this day. However I really hate drinking beer and I don't understand why people celebrate this festivity drinking.