domingo, 21 de febrero de 2010

Let's debate: WOMEN vs MEN

In the last language class, we talked about the differences and similarities between men and women.

But what do you think?, is our society still so sexist? are there still many things to be improved?

And, regarding our degree, why is it that we don't have any man in our classroom? Are men scared of children? What do you think?

Contribute with your opinions, since not everyone has the chance to speak in class, I would like this place to be a room for EVERYBODY (even the shyest in the group!)

20 comentarios:

  1. Hi! Respect for the debate that began in class last week, i would like to my opinion on the subject. I think that between men and women there are differences but they are very small today. Before there are more differences between them that came marked by society, today the women smoke, drink, works,etc. , things before only toward the man. That is why, increasingly, have things in common than before they not have. A greeting!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think men and women are not so different as it seems, but we just keep the same as the last times. We have still pressent when women used to be at home and men did go working
    Anyway, everytime it's changing more and more, and women is being inserted to job's world, and her husband can also request for a paternity leave.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I believe that still are many differences that us separate, for example at work. to this day, women continuan having a wage lower than men and positions still occupy of smaller responsibility although they are equal of ready. however, believe that is just matter of time that men and women are identical in opportunities

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi! I think that the society is still sexist. In some places, the men charged more than women to do the same work. The high charges tend to be man, although of every time there are more women in these employments.

    I don’t believe that the men be afraid to children (some men yes, but not all). But the society still thinks that the infantile education is a women’s work, although not everyone thinks this way because some boys studying for working with children

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Two days ago I read in the news something about the differences between men and women. Women earn 25% of money less than men in the end of the year doing exactly the same work. And, the point is, why not the same work is not the same salary?. It´s completely unjust. Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men if they want to aspire to an identical responsability work post. Women must show more cleverness than men to be sucessful at work and even is not enough because earn less money than men.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello everyone!
    In my point of view, both men and women need to leave the attitude that one gender is inferior to the other... The key to solve the sexism is equality!
    It's a fact that men cannot live without us... but we also love them ... Don't you think?

    M.Mar Monserrat

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello!
    I believe that though the differences between man and women in the last times have diminished, still there are many prejudices that are kept at present.
    In our class we have a clear example, since we are all girls, this can that it is due to the fact that traditionally they have been the women the managers of the care of the children.
    In addition, neither we find many women being employed at the construction due to the fact that her force is lower than that of the men, it is a physical difference that we cannot change.
    I hope that the society continues evolving and that every time there are fewer differences between man and women.
    A kiss,
    Natalia.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I am agree with Patricia, I think that society is still sexist too.

    We can find it, with jobs. I lot of mans, don’t want to do some jobs because, they think that there are jobs for women (like shop assistant or our career) and jobs for men. Also, they think that if they do “women jobs”, they will be worse than other men, they will be, in a inferior category. Because, they still have an ancient mentality.

    Although, the differences between men and women in the last 20 years have decreased. Now a days, more men know that we deserve the same opportunities.

    Maria Eugènia

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi girls, how are you?

    According the debate that we discussed the other day, I would like to give my opinion. I think that nowadays, men and women are very competitve with each other because men believe best.
    The idea that man is stronger than woman still remain in the society.
    I believe that society nowadays is sexist. I think that there shouldn't be differences between them.

    Margalida Serra

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi!

    Personally, I believe that it is obvious, that our society has experimented huge changes, and, nowadays, I can tell that we live in a society more liberal (it is not, so conservative) and free. Nevertheless, I consider, that, still existist many differences between man and women, in numerous aspects (at work, at studies...), that we (and the society, in general), have to finish it.

    For these reasons, I think, that our society has to improve still, many things and aspects, to achieve living in a society less sexist, where it is equal opportunities.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Really good comments, and following Natalia's words, do you think that a man still sees a woman as the one who has to take care of the children, and thus, he does not want to become a teacher for pre- or primary school?

    Marga refers to it as woman jobs... I think it's really sad, but society is the way it is and maybe even some women would be reluctant to bring her children to a kindergarten who is ruled by men...

    Girls, I can tell, the sky's the limit and girl power will end up conquering this world!

    ResponderEliminar
  13. I am agree with you Eve, the women we should take the power. And as PATRI says very well and some girls repeat later, we live in a sexist society, and more that sexist we might categorize of machist, where the woman is a real "problem" in some fields of the society, for example: in the labour world.

    bye! Catalina Bauzá

    ResponderEliminar
  14. I am agree with some of the opinions.

    I think that we live in a sexist society.It was extremely hard and almost impossible for a woman to rebel against the rules of such a sexist society. the woman is trying to free herself of the rules and restrictions placed on her by a sexist society.
    Moreover some aspects are connected with men. For example: sport, work, cars...
    On the other hand, there are some aspectes which are connected with women: family, clothes, health...

    For some reason in our class there isn't any boy. This reason is that looking after children and teaching children about 3-6 years old are considered two tasks that only women make. The job that we have choose, actually, is considered a women's job. Men thinks that looking after chilthen is a work for women.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hello,

    In my opinion and respect speak in clasroom about difference between womens and men, I think that there is difference between womens and men, although that this difference noun justify the machismo. For exemple, is true that the men generally are more strong that the womens, but this problem shouldn’t impede that a women work in the building.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Hi Eva! =)
    It’s really that in our days there are differences between men and women but in my opinion, there are bigger in others societies. In the last language class we talked about this differences and an aspect that we talked about was the maternity leave.
    Someone in our class think that men ought to have this leave too. In my opinion I don’t understand why we have to fight for this man right and ignore others situations that affect women like sexual discrimination.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Hello girls!

    Some time ago, the woman was educated to do the task of the home (to clean, to cook, etc.) and to look after the children.
    Nowadays, many people think the same, overcoat that the woman is the responsible to look after the children, for this reason we don't have any man in our classroom.

    This is one of the prejudices that our society has, because exist many prejudices about the men and women.

    Bye :)

    Aina Ramis

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Hi girls!

    In relation to this matter I think that it's true that still nowadays are many differences betoween women an men. Women are considered, unfortunately, inferioer than men in many aspects. However un my opinion it's important to consider that things not change quickly, things are changing but slowly and if we, women, continue struggling we can obtain tha social status that we deserve as a citizen we are.

    Ana Mateos

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Hi everybody! How are the holidays?
    With regard to stereotypes, I think that it still exist. The women does the house hold chores as to clean, to cook, to iron,... and the men don't help very much.
    With other aspects as football, cars, to go clothes shopping, romanticism, feelings,... there are more similarity.
    Nowadays, we can see womens competing with cars or motorbikes, playing football... and men showing their feelings and going to shopping.

    ResponderEliminar